Sunday 27 May 2007

Mad May!

God I wish I was doing this again! Here's me about to have my first sail at Kanaha last year! Fuck that was a good holiday!
What a crazy month May has been! First Kym was away for half of it, with work in Whyalla, then she was a complete zombie for the two weeks after she got back (I guess 16 hours days working in a pellet plant surrounded by Engineers / tradies and armpits will do that to you!) Work for me has been busy, I keep telling myself I need a holiday, but I'm not listening.....although cheap holidays to Maui advertised in todays paper.
I have started football training again, thats soccer to all Americans and uncultured Australians, gotta get back to fitness. I have seen a few photos of myself recently and I'm not impressed. So back out with the boys, great to be out with a team again. Not too keen on the running, but the shooting and passing is good. I still feel I have good touch and stamina, but then realise I have trained for only 10 minutes and there is an hour to go. Stay tuned, a match report will follow...or check out www.uniwhites.com.au I am Divaldo or 'big daddy' - Dont ask!
Also, please do not mention the European Champions League or the FA Cup Final, I am still licking my wounds form Uniteds defeats! At least we won the league.
Sailing has been a bit ho hum lately, two frustrating weeks for me personally, but Kym had a great sail at a break last weekend, place called Snapper Rocks. This shot was taken last weekend, 20-25 knots. Her sailing has really come on, going from strength to strength. She is now starting to nail gybes a lot more regularly and is bloody fit at the moment, helps when you swim 12 kms a week I guess?



Time to upgrade a bit of equipment as my board is getting very tired (1996) I think I have held out long enough, so will be looking around the shops soon. We purchased Kym a second hand wave board last year, a Starboard EVO, only cost $400 second hand, had been thrashed a bit, but she loves it. We were really happy buying a board second hand, especially for wave sailing which we dont do that much of and couldn't justify a huge expense for something that might get used only once a month. I have been reading with interest GP's blog talking about cheap equipment and reusing peoples older gear instead of new kit. Which brings me to my dilemma.....I have been searching worldwide for a good second hand 115-120 ltr Starboard or JP for a good six months now, as I didn't really want to spend $2000 buying a board, but do you think I could find any? No! I even shot an email off to Kevin Pritchard, via his Blog, to his credit I got an email back. He had a quiver of boards up for sale which included a few used S-Type Freeride boards, 115 ltrs too! But mentioned with freight I was probably better off buying from my local shop :(


So if anyones got something, two years old or newer, JP Freeride (xcite ride 120ltr?) or Starboard Carve 115 ltr hanging around and wants to offer it for sale to me, please contact me.

'Hey! Dont you dare blow out my candle!' - this is my niece, isnt she cute?

Till next time.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Nice to see the board offers flooding in! Hey what about putting a ‘wanted’ ad on craigslist – Hawaii?

Nice to see another wifey kicking hubbys sports ass, you and Ulli can share war stories of your wounded egos!

If this makes you feel any better word on the beach is that May's been a shite month for wind.

And finally-I share your pain about United losing, they were the better team thoughout the match.

cammar said...

Tell Kim I'll give her a jibe lesson next time you guys come over here...
But low expectations, please. Teaching how to jibe is just as difficult as to jibe.