Tuesday 23 September 2008

C2B 2008

Well the City 2 Bay has been run and won (definatley not by me) again. Another beautiful day greeted us on Sunday morning, 19 degrees, a light breeze form the north, perfection all round.

As I had done absolutley no training, I opted for the short version, 6kms, form Kurralta Park Centro to Glenelg. I was feeling pretty confident I could make the distance, as 6kms is not too far to run. I am not sure about my preparation for this though, the night before I had a steak and two beers, but I made up for it at breakfast by having a banana (?), I also had a sail on Saturday afternoon, which was pretty exhausting. The reach was only about 200 metres long, due to the wind direction in the Goolwa chanel, so lots of gybe and tacking training, quite tiring.

My time for the 6kms was 31.49, which was what I was hoping for, last year I did the 12km version in 1.02.38 or something like that, so I was on par with my last years pace.

Well done to all of the other Tiser runners, most of them posting PB's for the day.

29,000 people ran in this years fun run, so bloody good effort to all that made it out........



No comments: